What are cookies and what are they for?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer and that allows the website to remember information about your visit, your language and other options, in order to personalize the services offered to users, optimize the operation of our page and facilitate the user’s browsing experience.
What types of cookies are there?
Depending on who is the entity that manages them:
– Own cookies: They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: They are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed:
– Technical cookies: They allow the user to navigate through a web page, application or platform and use the different services that exist in it, such as, for example, identifying the session, placing an order or request for registration, storing content or share content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: They allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined by the user, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, etc.
– Analysis cookies: They allow the person responsible for them to follow and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by users of the service.
– Advertising cookies: They are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management of
Advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
According to the period of time they remain activated:
– Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
– Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in
the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
The cookies used on this website and the specific purpose of each of them are the following:
• utma: Expires 2 years after the last update. This cookie generates a unique user ID and records the date, the first and the last time the user visited the website. It is used to count how many times a unique user visits the site.
• utmb: Expires 30 minutes after the last update. This cookie records the time of arrival to the page and expires 30 minutes after the last page view record. It is automatically deleted when changing websites or when closing the browser. It is used to calculate the time that a user spends on a page.
• utmz: Expires after 6 months. This cookie stores the origin of the visitor, the path that he has followed to access the web either direct access, from a link on another web, from an email link, using certain keywords in a search engine, through a display campaign, or through an advertisement of (indicate them). This cookie is used to calculate the traffic that comes from search engines (organic and PPC), display advertising campaigns and navigation within the same website (internal links). The cookie is updated on each visit to the web.
• SESSxxxID: Expires after a week. This cookie stores a unique identifier that links the current session in a database configuration table in order to prevent the user from having to log in multiple times in a single browser session.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring your browser options. You can find information on how to do it, in relation to the most common browsers, in the links that are included below:
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of any cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of the services offered on this website.
If you have any questions about the cookies we use, you can contact us through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org